THIS SEMINAR IS HELD AT THE SAFETY & HEALTH COUNCIL OF NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND
This course is designed to meet OSHA training requirements for operators of powered industrial trucks. The training is “classroom” style providing theoretical and practical information in an easy to understand format. Lecture, video, visual demonstration and discussion are utilized to train participants in safety practices. Upon attaining a passing grade on a written exam, participants will receive a wallet card certifying course completion. Employers will receive verification of course completion for individual training records. Once classroom training is successfully completed, the operator, must then receive hands-on training specific to the type of machine he will operate and be evaluated by the employer. This evaluation must be recorded as to the trainer, name of operator, the date, and identity of the person performing the evaluation.
“The employer shall ensure that each powered industrial truck operator is competent to operate a powered industrial truck safely, as demonstrated by the successful completion of the training and evaluation specified in this paragraph [1910.178(1)].
This is a three hour safety training course for individuals who regularly or occasionally operate industrial trucks. Training is necessary to develop and reinforce safe operating practices, to highlight the differences between truck and car and to reduce injuries to co-workers and operator as well as damage to property and cargo.
TOPICS covered will be:
- OSHA Standards
- Inspecting the truck before use
- Using controls properly
- Safe loading and unloading
- Driving at appropriate speeds
- Working under hazardous conditions
- Safe refueling/recharging
- Coping with truck defects
- Driving near pedestrians
- Determining load safety
- Leaving an unattended truck safely secured
- Train someone on your staff to teach NSCs “Coaching the Lift Truck Operator” to your employees, at your workplace, at your convenience.
- Training will prepare attendees to comply with all sections of the revised OSHA Standards. Emphasis is on safe operation and maintenance of forklift trucks, electric pallet jackets and narrow aisle equipment.
- Attendees will learn how to teach the course including a review of materials and presentation skills. The instructor manual discusses hands-on training and shows how to lay out an evaluation course.
- Participants will receive an instructor manual, two videos/DVD and overhead transparencies for training purposes.
Please contact Lisa Jo Steiner at 603-415-8310